Wednesday, April 24, 2013

the change

Well... It's official. I'm no longer stuck in the shop on a table. It's bittersweet, actually. As I was stretching the last canvas I will probably ever stretch for a job, it dawned on me that it's over in the shop. No more texturing... No more cutting glass... No more framing... And it makes me sad. Very, very, very sad. But it also is a good thing. No more cuts on my hands. No more calloused thumbs from framing. No more sweating the summer away. No more shop grunt bullshit from the schmucks that work in the shop. My job now, Project Coordinator, is going to be a whole new routine. One that is easy amd repetitious. Same process, different prints/moulding depending on the order. The little bit I did today made me anxious for tomorrow. I'm ready to take it on and get my 60 days over with so I can get a bump in pay. It really feels like I'm on a good path finally. I've been able to walk away from the negative, strive towards what's positive, and I've also noticed how bright the light at the end is starting to become. For now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home